How to Keep Bike Chain Clean w/ Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber
Use a chain cleaner to help keep your bike chain clean and last longer.
Updated October 10, 2018
To keep your bikes drive train lasting longer, so you can spend less money on new parts, it's a really good idea to keep your bike chain clean. One of the easiest, and most effective ways to clean a bike chain without removing the chain from the bike is to use the Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber and some Simple Green degreaser cleaning solution.
Here are a few Simple Steps to a Clean Bike Chain:
1) Pour 1/2 water, 1/2 Simple Green solution into the fill line of the Park Tool Chain Scrubber.
2) Attach the Park Tool chain scrubber to the bottom part of your bike chain, then put the top on the Park Tool chain scrubber.
3) Now spin your bike cranks backwards, approximately 30 full rotations.
4) Remove the Park Tool chain scrubber from chain, and then rinse the chain off with water.
5) Repeat steps 1 thru 4, if chain is still dirty.
6) Dry off chain with a rag.
7) Finish by lubing your chain with your favorite bike chain lube.
Here's a review of the Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber